Vacancies at the Berney Arms
Chef de Partie – Full Time
We are looking to recruit either a CDP or a strong Demi CDP ready to progress into the next role.
You will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting food, maintaining a section as well as assisting the Head Chef in ordering and stock control. You will also play an active role in maintaining our compliance with Health & Safety, Food Safety and also EHO regulations.Read more
As a CDP for The Berney Arms you can expect to work with excellent local produce grown within our own walled gardens and also work alongside our Game Keepers and Gardeners to ensure we use the best the seasons can provide.
You will be able to confidently run a section, help develop new dishes and determine specials. You will also play an important role in delivering consistency and be an active influence in up and coming menus, as well as providing support to the rest of the team.
The opportunity for a Chef at The Berney Arms is extensive; from working with fresh local produce, being part of a small charismatic team and also the love and enjoyment taken from serving amazing food. We are a growing company, so there is plenty of opportunity to really develop your skills and progress your career.
Shift patterns vary 45+ hours per week split over breakfast lunch and dinner.
Competitive Salary + tips
Housekeeping – Full Time or Part Time
We are looking to recruit a housekeeper to join our team. We require you to have knowledge and experience in cleaning rooms and public areas to maintain our high company standard. You need to be physically fit with high energy levels as the is a very physical role. You must be reliable, organised, efficient and have excellent customer service skills.Read more
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitising toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops and sinks
- Cleaning mirrors and internal windows
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with toiletries and towels
- Keeping rooms stocked with tea/coffee, water and biscuits
- Emptying rubbish bins and disposing of waste
- General tidying of rooms
- Making beds and changing linen
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets/rugs
- Sweeping, vacuuming, polishing and mopping hard floors
- Confidently use cleaning equipment and chemicals in accordance with COSHH and Health & Safety guidelines
- Monitor stock levels and inform management of any low stock items, so they can be ordered
- Report any maintenance issues to management
Hours of work are usually 9.30am – 2.30pm, however this can change to meet business needs. Weekend availability is essential. Currently we have 2 housekeepers who alternate working weekends.
Hourly paid + tips
Bar/Waiting Staff – Full Time or Part Time
We are looking for a passionate, charismatic and well-mannered person with that eye for detail to join our growing family.Read more
When you go to your local pub what is it you look for?
- Fresh, local and seasonal food?
- Team members that have knowledge, passion and a genuine care for you, the guest?
- A warm and comfortable environment to relax and indulge?
- For the pub to be the life and soul of the local community and for the people that live in and pass through our community.
- New things to always try and team members invested and involved in the decision and products that the pub offers?
- Personality over procedure
Here at The Berney Arms, we are so proud to use Game from our own Estate, as well as fruits and vegetables from our own walled garden. We are happy to train you as long as you have passion for serving our guests. You must be a natural chatter, we have lots of locals so being able to keep them talking is key.
If you think you fit this description, then please send your CV and a covering letter as to why you want to work here. Points to include in your cover letter; what you are passionate about, your aspirations and what you think you can bring to the team. Why not drop in with your CV and cover letter (employers like this). Due to our rural location, own transport is essential.
Hours are mainly evenings and weekends, above minimum wage + tips.
Please contact us for further details.